Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Lovin', Having a Blast!


What an eventful weekend!! Delaney and I started it off by going to the doctor on Friday. She received her vaccinations for her 2-month visit and all the nurses gushed over her. Of course they would, she IS the cutest thing ever. :) Delaney's doctor came in and began going over the progress she has made. Let it be known, I have the upmost respect for Dr. M. and her laid-back outlook on raising healthy children. I only want the BEST for my daughter. Being a mommy of three herself, Dr. M. understands the "ins and outs" on all things mommy, and doesn't get side-tracked with the doctor jargon. I have been there, done that with one of her doctors. Never again.
First, she asked me about how I feel so far. I really love that question. I tell her the 2 hour feedings through the day and night are getting to be a bit much for us. I asked about filling Laney's breastmilk with cereal supplements. She explains that all babies have a certain amount they need to eat in one-day period in order to be satisfied. The only way to "fill her belly" the healthy and natural way would be to increase her 6 oz. feedings during the day. This would allow her to sleep longer during the night. She also gave me a new feeding schedule that would put her to bed a little earlier. Eric and I are still working on this new schedule.

I also found out that Delaney is a healthy 11lbs. 3 oz. and 23 1/2 inches long. Dr. M. went over the percentage charts for Delaney's weight, head circumference, and height. She scored in the average range for her weight and head circumference, but her height was a different story. She ranged in the 90th percentile! The doctor stated, "Well, it's better to be tall than short. Believe me!" I know I shouldn't have been...but I was a little shocked. I didn't realize the difference between Delaney's height compared to other babies her age. Our family knows she'll be tall, so this only proved all speculations to be true. :)

Saturday, the three of us met Eric's mom, nephew and his friend at Alabama Adventure. Junior received free passes through his work. Eric and I were able to ride a some rides, while Delaney sat under a huge umbrella with her grandmother. She took a nice nap surrounded by the sounds of water and several conversations around her. Before we left, we all sat there and "people-watched." Believe me, you feel REALLY good about yourself after you have been to that water park.

After lunch at Zaxby's, we went home to rest. Later that afternoon, Delaney spent the night in Hueytown with her grandparents, while Eric and I had a date night of sleeping. We missed her like crazy, but I knew she would have a ball. Delaney showed off her new smile while visiting them. Apparently, Junior got a BIG smile. :)

For father's day, Eric recieved a three-framed picture sequence of Delaney holding up a "D-A-D." It took a while to create, but it was worth it. It turned out super cute. After church on Sunday, Eric went to see his dad for father's day. Delaney and I went to Trussville to visit her grandparents (my parents). We are blessed to have the support of both sets of grandparents. I really don't know how anyone survives without it. Before we left, Laney also visited with Oscar. They love each other so much!

Now, we are worn out from the weekend. I think we will rest for the day and think about what we will do NEXT weekend. :)