Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

"Is that a smile or do you have gas?!"



I am happy to announce that Delaney is now smiling. Not ALL the time, but on very special occasions, which is fine by me. Everytime she smiles, it makes Eric and I so happy. First, I check to see if it's gas, and if it's not we get the biggest thrill. We're officially obsessed with trying to make her smile. This morning was no exception.


Today, Laney and I leisurely woke up and decided to watch our new favorite thing...Playhouse Disney!!! She loves Goofy's voice. This cartoon usually makes her smile. If not, Eric sings the song that comes on at the end of the cartoon called "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" on his way out the door in the morning and she will atleast give us a little glimpse of an "upward motion" on her mouth. If no smile from her, it atleast makes me laugh. You might think she is probably mesmerized with the colors on the t.v., but I'm just going to go on thinking she's a genius. Hehe. :)


Today is also special because we go to Lulu's two-month doctor's visit. I have been told that this visit will involve vaccinations of some sort. Great! It's quite possible that we might both be crying by the end of it. Fun times. I will update info on that visit later.


Weekly going-ons include our Tuesday with Memaw visit, eating at Local Color (Springville restaurant), shopping, an eventful early Father's Day lunch with Laney's grandparents and aunt, and a trip to design her christening gown with her other grandmother (pictures to come). Whew! What a week! We also went to Kindermusik this week. It was very hot that day, but once inside, Delaney was awake for most of the class! Yay for awakeness!