Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy :)

This past week, I was able to take advantage of a nice fall break! Delaney and I planned to relax, shop, and just take it easy...didn't happen. We had plans to re-do our guest bedroom into a play room/toddler room for Miss Priss. We would have been able to finish it, but were tempted to stop and play every 5 minutes...



Did I say playing? I meant kissing... Those cute hair accessories were made by my awesome friend, Alyson. :) She's starting to make crafts/accessories so I will be supporting her by glamming up my Laneybug. RTR!

Back to the playroom...I had ordered a bed online (based on customer satisfaction and such :) and we were excited to see how excited Delaney was when she saw her bed. She won't be sleeping in it at night yet, but she was definitely okay with taking a nap in it.
Yay for big girl beds!!!
While the room was in progress, we celebrated our birthdays on Friday. Eric and I were able to do a little shopping/lunch at Chuy's at the Summit. It was wonderful! On Saturday, we went over to Nannie and Pop's to have a birthday lunch with Nana, Grandaddy, Memaw, Aunt Lori Beth, and Uncle Mike. Delaney wanted to get "freshened up" for the party, so she played with her Little Mermaid vanity.



Nana brought her a Minnie Mouse (if you read the blog you know she obsessed with Minnie). When we came home, we finished up a few projects in the room, including some art that was inspired by a pottery barn painting I saw in the store. I think mine turned out pretty good considering I was dodging a little girl's running feet and curious hands. :)



Pottery Barn Version...

My version... (over the toddler bed so I only did two) I also made some of the leaves out of Delaney's old outfit I loved, and then decoupagedthem onto the painting.