Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!!




I'm sorry it has been awhile since I have last blogged. My computer is super slow. Here re some updates...
Delaney's eye surgery went well. Her eye looks great now! I have to say Eric was very busy being a supportive husband that day. Eric and I both decided, after being in a children's hospital and seeing all the babies that were there, we really are so lucky and truly blessed to have a healthy, happy baby like Delaney. The surgery was only about 25 minutes. Nana (Eric's mom) was also there to help in case of a meltdown...by me. :) We arrived at 5:15 in the morning, and Nana was already waiting, with coffee! Yay! She was wonderful and waited patiently until the end. We didn't really know what to expect. First, they explained how she would be put to sleep, how the procedure would go, they drew a black #14 over her eye, took her back, and then we waited. When she came back to us in the recovery room, she was tired, but a real trooper. We ended up taking a long nap at home, and then heading back out for a little day o' fun (Eric calls it). It all went fine, but I don't want to do it again, any time soon.
On a fun note, we have visited two different Santas already. She's not really into the bearded look, but she took some cute pictures through her distress. Aunt Lori Beth says that is a sign of a future actress. :) Or maybe just a drama queen. She is also loving all the Christmas lights. At home, we have put up a Rudolph, glowing nose and all, and she can't keep her eyes off of him. She is in love.